EFG’s investing process leverages its commercial and operating expertise to evaluate an investment opportunity rapidly, develop appropriate valuation, quantify commercial and operating risks, structure commercially sound deal terms, complete the transaction, and optimize the investment once acquired.
EFG considers energy infrastructure investments on a selective basis that meet the following general characteristics:
- Natural gas gathering, processing, transmission pipelines, and storage
- District heating & municipal electricity and gas distribution
- Renewable generation (hydro/wind/solar/biomass)
- $10M-50M in enterprise value
- Located in North America, preferably serving growing markets
- Regulated business models or contracted generation with revenue visibility
- Non-bid or limited bid
EFG often works with private asset owners seeking to monetize their asset holdings, industry M&A advisors acting in a buy side or sell side capacity for a specific client, as well as financial investors and private equity concerns seeking an experienced operating partner.